miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011

Let me introduce myself...

Perhaps I should begin by explaining what brought me to this point; Who am I?
God, that sounds a bit profound so we'll save that question for another time, but on a basic level;
I'm a 38 year old single parent, mother of two beautiful girls.Yas is nine and Asia, at almost 17,is in full adolescent swing.We get by on what i earn as a TEFL teacher, teaching English as a foriegn language to unsuspecting students in Denia, Spain.
So, I may not be the queen of grammar and my classes are somewhat unorthodox at times, but hey, they keep coming back for more and there's plenty of competition around, so I must be doing something right?
 I've lived my life between both the UK and Spain since the age of 13 and suffer from what many expats can empathise with, that feeling of never quite belonging anywhere. A citizen of the world? perhaps thats not a bad thing, though the occasional identity crisis complicates life, not helped by my somewhat mixed heritage.
I have my parents living out here as well as my brother and sister, keeping me rooted.
I have an interesting variety of friends of different nationalites and my freetime is spent outdoors enjoying the med climate, going to gigs and simply enjoying life. Well, that is a somewhat basic summary, but it's a start. If I told the
 real story you'd probably be rushing to get me on to the Jeremy Kyle show or phoning up The Daily Mail.(Brits will understand that irony!)

I've recently pretty much finished my first, and hopefully not last, novel. Over 3 years of sporadic writing interspersed with house moves, breakups, other health problems and yes, a generally eventful life.
The writing has been my saviour and fuelled me with a passion and drive that i've never experienced before.
  I simply fell into writing the book,"1000 miles of space", that is loosely based on my real life experiences.
But that is another story, and will be elsewhere on the blog.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario